[lbo-talk] o'rielly's white man's burden

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jun 18 22:23:45 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>The purpose of the left is to
> mobilize that 20%, and if we do so, eventually an overwhelming
> proportion of americans will passively agree with us.

Of course, that is incredibly difficult to do, especially if almost a majority of those who ought to be doing that work are obsessed with convincing all those rightists who don't even know of our existence (so what does it matter what we say to them). Of course many of those rightists _would_ eventually end up on our side -- if and only if _now_ we concentrate on the 20% who, if mobilized, can change the weather within which u.s. political thought is formed.

Carrol