[lbo-talk] Re: Is Berlet Combat Ready?

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 19 15:43:39 PDT 2004

The suspicions of 9-11 investigators have been increasingly vindicated with each new 'revelation' coming forth over the last three years. Berlet has latched onto the Andrews AFB base issue, as though it proves anything one way or the other, while the essential points of 9-11 researchers such as: there was government foreknowledge of an attack, that there were other combat ready air force bases that inexplicably failed to respond etc. have been vindicated. Berlet even stated on Larry Bensky's show on Pacifica some time ago that planes were not scrambled because the Pentagon didn’t want to bother the East Coast Corridor suburbanite’s with loud jet noises. And how Henwood arrives at the conclusion that this constitutes a 'fuck up' by 9-11 researchers is beyond me. Clearly the people who have fucked up are in the US National Security apparatus.

Even on Air America Radio, air force pilots have been calling in saying that there had to have been a stand down - the game is essentially over.

As to the complicity goalpost we shall see, I personally remain agnostic on this question, but I have seen a lot in the public record that suggests to me that there is more to the 9-11 story than mere collossal stupidity on the part of the national security state.

"Apparently, 'conspiracy stuff' is now shorthand for unspeakable truth." — Gore Vidal, from "The Enemy Within", 27 Oct 2002

"That's an internet theory and it's hopelessly implausible. Hopelessly implausible. So hopelessly implausible I don't see any point in talking about it." —Noam Chomsky, at a FAIR event at New York's Town Hall, 22 January 2002, in response to a question from the audience about US government foreknowledge of 9/11. At that time, 9/11 investigators had already presented substantial documented evidence for: prior warnings, Air Force stand-down, anomalous insider trading connected to CIA, cover-up of the domestic anthrax attacks, inconsistencies in identities & timelines of "hijackers", US connections to al Qaeda in Balkans, a Pak ISI-al Qaeda funding connection, etc etc etc.