[lbo-talk] cultural notes

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 21 08:14:04 PDT 2004

[via Gawker]

Phish, Era Ended, Blah Blah #

We hope that, if you trudged out to Coney Island this weekend for the allegedly last Phish show, that you went for the right reasons: easy women and great pot. Dori, from Saran Warp, evidently got so stoned that A) she missed Jay-Z sitting in with the band, and, B) she can barely type:

As i wandered through the Phish parking lot, I was amazed at how incredibly filthy it all was... Some things never change about those parking lots tho - after we smoked that bowl i realized i was ten times as stoned as i've been in about five years on weed better than anything i've smoked in, well, about five years, and I needed to get away from the scene at hand. I took my leave and headed for the beach.

On my way out, a young girl was loaded into an ambulance, unconscious. And a lone birkenstock sat in the middle of the road. A harbinger, an exit sign.

It's good to know when to call it quits. [Saran Warp] <http://saranwarp.com/archives/2004_06.php#001880>