Fwd: RE: [lbo-talk] consider the following:

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 21 08:44:02 PDT 2004

>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:11:51 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com>
>
>---
>I remember hearing from Hakki, way back when he was on this list, that
>Islamist suicide bombers in Turkey were permitted to violate religious
>norms in a big way, since they were by definition guaranteed a seat in heaven.

More like encouraged by Atta to fit in.

Bruce Lincoln, a pomo religion scholar on Atta's instructions. http://marty-center.uchicago.edu/webforum/122002/pdfs/Lincoln_Commentary2.pdf Mr. Atta's Meditations, Sept. 10, 2001: A Close Reading of the Text Bruce Lincoln (University of Chicago Divinity School)

Holy Terrors: Thinking About Religion After September 11 by Bruce Lincoln (Paperback)