[lbo-talk] WWP split

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jun 21 15:04:57 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> For the 'movement' the whole thing doesn't mean much.

Given that the 'movement' is a fiction created by old school leftists who are used to thinking that one movement exists, the demise of the WWP means little.

As far as activists in other movements are concerned, the demise of the WWP will open up a space for new groups and coalitions, which lhopefully understand that stopping the war machine will take something more than marching around the White House every six months.

I think that what will happen is that non-WWP activists in ANSWER will wrest control of the coalition from the remaining WWP/IAC cadres. ANSWER will turn into a more radical version of UFPJ. The WWP looks like it is destined for the obscurity enjoyed by many leftist sects.

Good riddance. All that needs to be done now is to shovel more dirt on the WWP coffin.

And I won't miss the WWP's efforts to bait me as a cop.

Chuck0