Nader Goes Buchananite (Re: [lbo-talk] Vote Nader/Camejo 2004!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 22 12:56:00 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Those attacking Nader are for the most part adherents of the ABB
>position: Anybody but Bush. But they simply refuse to recognize the core
>argument for Nader

etc.

Could you explain to me how a vote for Nader is anything but a protest vote, given his failure to organize anything other than a presidential campaign in years divisible by four? It's funny to see him coming back to the Greens now, desperate for their ballot lines, even though he flipped them the bird just a few months ago, and did nothing to promote the party except for a few months in 1996 and 2000?

Doug