[lbo-talk] Illinois Republican pressured wife to have public sex

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 22 14:43:28 PDT 2004

>then (like hitch) they complain that it's about "honesty", when such
>things become irrelevant in policy discussions, because, you know,
>sometimes we just disagree, but all this nasty sex stuff is bad bad bad
>wrong wrong wrong.

>right?

Well, you should be right, and in fact I wish you were. From my perspective what two consenting adults want to with each other sexually is entirely their own business, not mine or anyone elses. But when whirling dirt bags like the repugs down there, and the conservatives up here, start making that consensual activity a policy issue by legally stigmatizing the LGBT community or making sure they're treated as second class citizens (like, no marriage but civil unions) then their behavior, or more accurately, their double standards, are fair game.

'My consenting behavior is my business, your consenting behavior is illegal and/or immoral' is hypocrisy of the lowest kind that should be exposed for what it is. I wish we could just disagree with people sometimes but there are people who don’t accept that, and frankly, they deserve no mercy when caught out. Rush Limbaugh and his ‘view’ on drug addicts is another prime example; he gets caught up in an illegal painkiller racket and he’s back on the radio. Why he’s not playing ‘Fetch the soap Tubby!’ in a Florida prison shower is beyond me.

I dunno, this guy may not be like that personally and this may be guilt by association. But his party and his president are sure as hell like that, so maybe he should be more careful about who he chooses for friends before he starts claiming the moral high ground.

Crankily,

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon