[lbo-talk] Re: Kansas as angst indicator

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Jun 22 21:45:30 PDT 2004

Could part of the answer be that, these days, radicals are not giving Americans any clear ideas about how to advance their "real material concerns" outside the capitalist system? Jon Johanning

I've tried. The working class guys I know don't like to hear it. Go back to school, take what you want. Expose yourself to new things you were interested in and never got into. Forget the job. It ain't getting better, ever. Forget the house, lawn, the car, and all the bullshit that goes along with them. It's all crap. The whole ownership thing is a sham. You don't own anything and never will. Face the universe raw and see what happens. Figure it out...

Oh, that's the way to scare the shit out of grown men. They really get weak in the crouch once you start in on their ownership stuff.

Come on big guy. Show me something you do, some thing you can command on your own. Learn how to write. Take pictures. Play. Get a instrument and work on it. Whatever.

Yes. I take my own advice. I just quit my job. My best boss ever died and the place was going to shit. So fuck it. Time for something else.

CG