Nader Goes Buchananite (Re: [lbo-talk] Vote Nader/Camejo 2004!

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jun 23 14:18:14 PDT 2004

Nathan Newman wrote:

> As for me, I just think Nader is not the best choice in this election and
> urge other people to instead vote for Kerry, as the best strategy to defeat
> Bush.

Hey Nathan, not everybody out there wants to defeat George W. Has it occured to you that the people who support the Green Party and/or Nader want to defeat both the Republicans and Democrats? What do you think the purpose of a third party is anyway? Surely you understand that it would defeat the purpose of promoting a third party to suddenly start supporting a candidate with one of the wings of the Corporate Party. If the Democrats want their candidate to beat Bush, then it's up to him to take some tough stands that differentiates himself from Bush. The Bush regime may be pretty crazy, but it's not much different than Clinton, Bush 1, or Reagan. If Bush II is so damn dangerous, why aren't you organizing a revolution to throw him out of power? If you aren't willing to organize a popular rebellion to oust this unelected asshole, then we should assume that this rhetoric about Anbody But Bush to be full of hot liberal air.

If Bush get elected in November, what will your response be? Revolution or sulking and whining for another four years?

> Nothing too complicated. I've yet to here a good argument for how voting
> for Nader accomplishes ANY goal, other than helping to elect Bush.

I've read lots of good arguments for Nader and I'm a staunch anarchist who is against voting. Perhaps you should pry your hands away from those liberal ears and listen to what people are arguing.

BTW, I just turned off Air America this afternoon. This is the second time that Randi Rhodes pissed me off with her liberal patriotic tunnel vision. She was going on and on about how Islam indoctrinates young people to hate and contrasts this with the wonderful situation in America where young people aren't taught to hae. Then somebody finally had the chutzpah to challenge Rhodes on her inability to see racism in "this wonderful" country and Rhodes just whined and dodged the excellent point.

Chuck0