[lbo-talk] Is the Economy Contracting? The Lollapalooza Indicator

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jun 23 21:26:59 PDT 2004

At 08:50 PM 6/23/2004, you wrote:

>http://oldman1787.blogspot.com/2004/06/economy-watch-lollapalooza-indicator.html

I don't see it. The e-mail from recruiters is starting to dribble in. No, not dribble in but fill my e-mail box with annoying stuff that reminds me of the dot.bomb daze. Also, the tech lists I'm on are no longer embroiled in discussions about how to get a job in an employer's market.

Oh, and I'm actually having to listen to make.money.fast on the Internet conversations from my buddy, Marketing Dude.

Are there people here that work in the traditional corporate world? I haven't much, but our company is expanding and we're hiring people that have. Boy, I can see why Carl is pessimistic. Some of these people are complete morons. I don't know how they survive. They are forgetful. They are incredibly disorganized. They can't string two sentences together, let alone actually speak a coherent one to begin with. They seem to recycle the same things over and over again. They are all air, all the time.

I have been corresponding with one woman on a collaborative project. She's from a "change management" background. My. God. What a load of horse puckey these types sling about. I read what she writes and listen to her on the phone and I want to ask: WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Do you even know? It's like there are just keywords strung together in incomplete sentences.

Who the hell came up with "thought leader" and "thought leadership"? Change management my furry ass.

Is it me? Am I irredeemably conceited? Or, are these people talking about ABSOLUTELY nothing. There is no there there. It is all jargon pointing at NOTHING!

And there are people here who have the nerve to complain about academic jargon and postmodernism? Fuckmedead.

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'