[lbo-talk] Fwd: [MRN] Senate votes 99-1 to hikebroadcast indecency fines; r

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 24 10:31:34 PDT 2004

http://alexander.dailykos.com/comments/2004/6/15/203957/543/3?mode=alone;showrate=1#3 introduced by Senators Feinstein and Kennedy to cut funding for several new nuclear weapons programs. Republican Lincoln Chafee (RI) crossed over to vote for the amendment. Democrats Bayh (IN), Hollings (SC), Miller (GA), Nelson (FL) and Nelson (NE) voted with Republicans against the amendment. Democrats John Kerry (MA) and Patrick Leahy (VT) and Independent Jim Jeffords did not vote...

http://reviewappeal.midsouthnews.com/news.ez?viewStory=22924

>...Homosexual lobby hijacking civil rights

By Phil Valentine

Sen. Ted Kennedy's amendment to extend hate-crime legislation to include homosexuals sailed through the Senate on July 22 by a vote of 65-33. It now becomes part of the Senate's Defense Authorization Act.

Michael Pugliese