[lbo-talk] Re: Nader Goes Buchananite

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jun 24 11:45:03 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>So Kopkind seriously accepted the premise "the worse the better." I
>don't agree, but it is rather hypocritical for anyone who admired (or
>admires) Kopkind to go around sneering at (usually unnamed) adherents of
>the "worse the better."

Kopkind & Cockburn both declared themselves members of the "Chaos Party" - i.e., anything that raised the level of chaos in the system was good. I don't agree. But aside from that, Kopkind was a wonderful writer and a wonderful human being, and both the nation and The Nation are worse off for his death.

Doug