[lbo-talk] Don't Mess With Mom

Guest lbodownload at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 16:55:43 PDT 2004

> And school
> district police
> should be involved in investigating the serial
> harrassment of
> individual students if the principals and counselors
> can't stop the
> abuse or ignore it.

Ok, I misunderstood your intentions. Your post, lacking context, looked to me like the attitude I encountered throughout primary school, that an occasional tussle is good for your moral fiber, it's good clean rambunctious fun, and anyway, boys will be boys.

> But I certainly can't condone a knee-jerk, panic
> response, similar to
> yours, that throws out common sense and absolves the
> principals and
> counselors of any responsibility.

Now it's your turn to give up some ground. You wrongly suppose that I suggested a 'knee-jerk, panic response.' In fact I did just the opposite. I said that we shouldn't over react to a single offense, but that police intervention is appropriate *at some point,* a statement you apparently agree with, no?