[lbo-talk] Russia begins delivery of Sukhoi kits to India

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 06:15:42 PDT 2004

Dwayne: Here we have a category of technology the US has longboasted of dominating (indeed, being alone in pursuing- not rocketry of course but the cruise missilemodification to military rocketry) that has beenduplicated by India and Russia and, in time, may bemade available to the rest of the world making theword "universal" more than a label.----

U.S. Frets About Jets

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The United States must modernize its fighter jets to maintain air supremacy, a U.S. Air Force general said, citing the success of advanced Russian-made jets against U.S. planes in a recent exercise as signaling an erosion of its advantage.

General Hal Hornburg, head of U.S. Air Combat Command, said Wednesday that a U.S. air-to-air exercise with the Indian Air Force in February, in which India used Russian jets to defeat aging American F-15Cs, revealed "we may not be as far ahead of the rest of the world as we once thought we were."