[lbo-talk] Don't Mess With Mom

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Mon Jun 28 12:37:57 PDT 2004

It just seems to me that such confusion is generally superficial. I think there's a charitable and coherent interpretation of what your biz Phd friend said--i.e. that most of the variation we see in character and personality isn't a consequence of environmental differences (a thought we can coherently develop with the sort of counterfactual talk I introduced in a prior post). Moreover, if you asked your friend if this is what she "really" meant, I think she'd assent.

-- Luke

----- Original Message ----- From: "andie nachgeborenen" <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 10:09 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Don't Mess With Mom