[lbo-talk] Comment on F-9/11 and racism

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jun 28 22:46:51 PDT 2004

Now, the newest form of racism that I'm hip to is unaware/self-righteous racism. The "good white" racist attempts to shame Blacks into being blacker, scorns Japanese-Americans who don't speak Japanese, and knows more about the Chicano/a community than the folks who make up the community. They assign themselves as the "good whites," as opposed to the "bad whites," and are often so busy telling people of color what the issues in the Black, Asian, Indian, Latino/a communities should be that they don't have time to deal with their errant sisters and brothers in the white community. Which means that people of color are still left to deal with what the "good whites" don't want to...racism.

<http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:rgPG5GXrIgoJ:squawk.ca/lbo-talk/0112/0304.html+lbo-talk+gloria+yamato&hl=en>

Jenny's saying "Yes, whites can get it. Here's why." I'd add: it's our job to work with them on getting it, not setting ourselves up as the "good whites" who magically and mysteriously get it while we point fingers at all the dumb fucks who don't.

after all, YOU get it. if YOU get it, then you need to explain why you are so fucking certain no one else can. as Yamato points out, it's just another form of racism where you say that everyone else is racist, but you aren't!

Kelley