[lbo-talk] Comment on F-9/11 and racism

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Tue Jun 29 23:54:01 PDT 2004

From: "Miles Jackson"
> I don't know if this is the same thing that Luke notices, but consider:
> if white people live in our society, something that makes our society
> worse off makes whites worse off. --e.g., if there is a huge reserve
> army of disadvantaged minority workers, that takes the teeth out of
> white workers' strike threats.

Ah but whites are conscientous and hard working, don't steal and are punctual, the discrimination has already taken it's toll and drawn the line in the sand. If two whites and eight blacks go after a job are the odds 2-8, 8-2 or dependant on qualifications ? In a white dominant racist society an unqualified white would get a job before the qualified black, the job description is altered to fit the candidate.

>--if African Americans are selectively
> imprisoned in huge numbers, that increases the tax burden on whites.

in a number of states the prison system is the largest employer, a great revenue generator ,the wardens are more likely to be white the inmates black. Prisons are a growth industry. Remember when the poor black guy is being pulled over it means some poor white guy isn't.

> --if racial antagonisms divide the working class, all poor workers
> suffer, regardless of race.

of course, but does LBO give a shit about 'the worker' ? Is the left just looking to feather the nest of it's own elite, I hear talk about elections and nonsense about O'reilly but what about the worker ?

Gary? ride si sapis