[lbo-talk] hatchet job

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Wed Jun 30 06:00:48 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, June 30, 2004, at 12:24 AM, R wrote:

> Instead, he intruded, as is his trademark, too much into his own film.
> He
> used a sledgehammer approach when a dagger would have done the job,
> and he
> tarnished his whole enterprise with a tone that will be off-putting to
> all
> but the Moveon.org crowd.
>
> Make no mistake: This was an in-crowd movie.

ironically, this is precisely what has appeared to be wrong, based on the anecdotal reports we've been seeing over the last several days. those early indications have yet to be confirmed by any surveys, but they suggest that, contrary to rothschild's assertions, it may be off-putting to no one but the freeper crowd.

surely someone will be doing surveys on the political effect of this film.