[lbo-talk] Comment on F-9/11 and racism

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Wed Jun 30 10:44:32 PDT 2004

> >Remember when the poor black guy is being pulled over it means some poor
> >white guy isn't.
>
>Huh? If the elite hadn't been using racist bullshit to convince gullible
>whites (and others) that they should support big prison and police
>budgets, there
>would be a lot less cops to pull anyone over. And it's pretty much proven,
>fewer cops = less crime.
>
>Jenny Brown

Who proved such a thing and how did I miss it? If you believe that a certain amount of police work is about revenue collection and blacks are pulled over disproportionately more than whites then whites DO benefit from this racist policy. It is like an extra tax against black people to maintain the police force. You also passed on commenting on Garys question about job applicants which is another example of direct benefits that accrue to white people because of racism. I still don't know how you can stand by your assertion that whites benefits from racism "..are, at best, fleeting.." when they are as concrete and obvious as they are.

John Thornton