[lbo-talk] Comment on F-9/11 and racism

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Jun 30 16:10:17 PDT 2004

John Thorton wrote:

> The gains are not small at all so you are incorrect in this assumption.

I'd imagine the gains are small in most cases, but that's just conjecture on my part.

> The collective loss of creating an underclass hits everyone unequally.

I didn't say, nor did I mean to imply, that the costs of creating an underclass hit everyone equally (of course one would expect that the members of the underclass itself would bear by far the heaviest burden). But there are real and substantial costs to nearly everyone.

-- Luke