[lbo-talk] Barbara Ehrenreich to Write New York Times Column

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 17:39:29 PDT 2004

>From: mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com>
>To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
>Subject: [lbo-talk] Barbara Ehrenreich to Write New York Times Column
>Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:45:33 -0700 (PDT)
>

>http://www.poynter.org/forum/?id=misc#barbara

Great, she's subbing for Thomas L. Friedman, who has finally -- astonishingly -- realized he's running on empty and is taking a "timeout for imagination," as he so winsomely put it. Friedman announced this in classic fashion last Sunday: "This is my last column for three months. I'm taking a sabbatical to finish a book about geopolitics, called 'The World Is Flat.' It is not easy to take a timeout right now. But I want to step back and construct a better framework for myself to explain what's going on out there." Enjoy Ehrenreich while you can. TLF will be back before you know it, brimming with a fresh supply of patronizing, mindless metaphors about "what's going on out there."

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/