[lbo-talk] BDL on Sweezy

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 05:12:36 PST 2004

Chris Doss:

"Wait, I forget, in the West, Stalin = evil. Anybody associated with Stalin was evil too. Stalin lived in a secret Fortress of Evil surrounded by a moat with crocodiles and laser towers to pick off starving peasants. Whilst sitting on his throne of human skulls, he would make personal phone calls to Paul Sweezy, Lex Luthor and mighty Cthulhu who waits sleeping in R'lyeh in order to better coordinate their plans for murderous world domination, when the stars are right."

Very funny, Chris (seriously!). But you left out James Bond's various attempts to unseat Uncle Joe. I think, ultimately, it was Roger Moore as The Saint who got rid of him, but I'd have to look it up in my "TV Land Guide to History."

As for Big Brad taking another dump on a fresh grave, nothing new. I have no real opinion good or bad about Sweezy, but I do recall Brad defecating on Edward Said, and that's all I need to know about his ethics. What was it Brad, Said "willed" Oslo to fail? Something like that. Wonder what Brad's eating in preparation for Chomsky's passing . . .

DP