[lbo-talk] Re: Guardian on Miliband

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 1 10:39:59 PST 2004

>Doug: "Dunkin Donuts has pretty good coffee. So Horton's is like DD, but
>it's Canadian and has worse coffee!"
>
>Horton's is owned by Wendy's, if I recall correctly, so we can peg this
>atrocity on the U.S.

Yup, bought up a couple of years ago, so most of the new TH that open or re-open these days are combined TH/Wendy's, two counters in one building. So, after clogging your artery's with deep fried crap and meat like stuff at Wendy's you can waddle over to the TH counter and get your deep fried dough and creamer/sugar filled coffee like substance.

I think the business term for this is 'synergy'.

I've lost count of the number of times I've heard lardporks in one of these places say they like the combined TH/Wendy drive thru window better because 'You don't have to go to two places to get your whole meal', not having to get out of the car is presumably just gravy.

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo