[lbo-talk] Haiti Coup and Left KneeJerks

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 12:34:04 PST 2004

Michael said:

>Screw all the thugs whether "leftist" or rightist.

So all the True Leftists are baby pure who wouldn't lift a finger to do any harm? To anyone? For any reason?

Igor, hand me my crowbar and mallet! I must remove the Happy Helmet! The patient is slipping away!

As for the necklacing: he seems to be referring that to the Tonton and their getting back into politics again. While I'd rather see those thugs' power taken from them permanently under lawful conditions, I'll settle for "unlawful" popular judges, juries, and executioners should that happen.

As to Aristide himself, he seemed little more, once in power of, "talking Left and walking Right" as Pat Bond put it vis a vis Thabo Mbeki. Aristide didn't seem to be moving fast enough to please his masters at the IMF and World Bank at opening up Haiti's economy even more to neo-liberalism, so they won't be shedding tears at his ouster. Maybe the next president'll be more amenable (with aid from the ex-Army officers and Macoutes).

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963