[lbo-talk] RE: DeLong flap

kjkhoo at softhome.net kjkhoo at softhome.net
Mon Mar 1 17:38:44 PST 2004

At 3:07 pm -0800 1/3/04, joanna bujes wrote:

>No kidding. Why are the antics of a time-serving opportunist
>deserving of so much bandwidth? Perplexed and slightly disgusted.

Indeed. Some of you must have known Paul Sweezy personally. Rather than this deluge of stuff, perhaps an obit that helps acquaint people with Sweezy's life and work, nothing hagiographic, just an honest appreciation of the man and his work, would do much, much more than the blasting of bdl. The damage that bdl intended has been done -- all the googlers in the world are going to alight on his hatchet job (I'm surprised he didn't pick on something more recent such as Sweezy's views on maoist China!). Give them something else to google on...

kj khoo