[lbo-talk] Haiti Coup and Left KneeJerks

" Chris Doss " nomorebounces at mail.ru
Tue Mar 2 01:01:19 PST 2004

Todd Archer:

Michael said:

>Screw all the thugs whether "leftist" or rightist.

So all the True Leftists are baby pure who wouldn't lift a finger to do any harm? To anyone? For any reason?

---

Todd, haven't you figured out yet that such repeated, and usually very poorly-informed, denunciations of every human being under the sun for not living up to an ideal standard are a way to exhibit one's own moral purity and have very little to do with the real world?

BDL's and MP's Stalin fixations, for instance, have as far as I can tell nothing whatsoever to do with anything Stalin actually did, but are instead crude clubs used to beat other people with and assert their own (imagined) moral purity. Ditto for the continual harping on the evil North Koreans. "Other people may be duped by the wily machinations of the Kim Jong Il propaganda machine, but not me! I am far too clever and worldly-wise!"

I'm still wondering why supporting Stalin is worse than supporting Yeltsin, which I believe Brad is on the record as having done.

BTW can we all pitch in and contribute to a class for Pugliese on the basic rules of English punctuation? I, had not, thought, that the simple, comma, was so hard to, master.