[lbo-talk] THE MYTH OF THE 'GOOD' CARTER

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 2 06:57:04 PST 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>Jimmy Carter = Afghanistan + Paul Volcker

Yup, I know that. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this, but I don't think Carter or any other prominent Democrat is "good." Somewhat less bad on some important issues, that's all. You seem incapable of either understanding or recognizing that. To develop your formula:

Ronald Reagan = Jimmy Carter + (civilian fiscal austerity + union-busting + the contras + a culture of vicious stupidity).

Doug