[lbo-talk] Channeling Carrol

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 07:27:06 PST 2004

The concept that in political thinking and action there is a thing understood as "scruple" rests on the presumption that (a) there are activists and thinkers who are as devoted to correcting the human race as I am, (b) that one's actions are voluntarily subordinated to those, like myself, who see clearly how things are and how they should be, (c) who will remain silent while those, like myself, pontificate about what is to be done, (d) who will marvel at those, like myself, as they carefully explain where certain vital political and social points intersect, and where they don't, (e) who appreciate being told that their posts are being read by people like myself, (f) who recognize that there are those, like myself, whose intellectual rigor is something special and should be heeded, (g) who can follow endless sentences with convoluted language couched in Marxist jargon, elitist views of literature, monumental indifference to and complete ignorance of what is really going on in the major culture of the moment, (h) who enjoy being lectured to as if they are first year students in a fantasy class taught by people like me, (i) who need to be informed through the use of lower case letters of the alphabet laid out like this (j) and this (k), and (l), (m), (n), (o) and naturally (p), (q) who, should they ever cross people like me, will endure the shame of having their posts filtered out of my inbox while I (r) dress them down through general commentary, (s) display their anti-"left" tendencies for all to see (to the degree that a (t) "left" or (u) Left actually exists), and (v) solidify my own standing as the all-wise mack daddy of academic and political wisdom which, once accepted, will take us through (w), (x), (y), and (z).

DP -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040302/bc8d0cda/attachment.htm>