[lbo-talk] human shredder tales about saddam's iraq...in the march to WAR

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Mar 2 10:57:41 PST 2004

On Tuesday, March 2, 2004, at 12:57 PM, Stephen E Philion wrote:

> Nobody doubts that Saddam was a cruel and ruthless tyrant who murdered
> many thousands of his own people and that most Iraqis are glad he's
> gone. But did his regime have a machine that made mincemeat of men? The
> evidence is far from compelling.

Shades of the Huns impaling Belgian babies in WW I (or whatever it was).

War propaganda doesn't change very much from war to war.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt