[lbo-talk] Re: Thanks & New Paltz Mayor Charged

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 2 14:41:05 PST 2004

Dear List:

1. Thanks to Michael for the confirmation. Also, even though you gals and guys did a great imitation of bitchy queens, I was still able to get something out of it and have my perspective enriched. Though now I have another book to read LOL.

2. Here is what you get for marrying queers.

N.Y. Town's Mayor Charged in Gay Weddings By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: March 2, 2004

Filed at 5:02 p.m. ET

NEW PALTZ, N.Y. (AP) -- The mayor of the town of New Paltz has been charged with 19 criminal counts for marrying same-sex couples.

New Paltz Mayor Jason West said last Thursday it was his moral duty to marry homosexual couples. He issued marriage certificates to 25 gay couples. On Tuesday, Ulster County District Attorney Donald Williams lodged 19 counts of ``solemnizing a marriage without a license'' against West.

So if you are solemnizing today be sure to have a license.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister