[lbo-talk] Was: Principled Discoursing More like off My Head

Hari Kumar hari.kumar at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 2 16:50:43 PST 2004

Carrol replied: "John Lacny wrote a letter to CounterPunch accusing not only CounterPunch but anyone who supported Nader or didn't support the DP this election was a splitter, a traitor, and just as bad as Horowitz. T....... My main point was that by throwing around charges of "splitter" and "traitor" over failure to support Kerry Lacny was threatening _future_ cooperation in opposing u.s. imperialism. After all, whoever wins next November, the empire trudges on and we have to build opposition. Does that clear it up enough? If not, let me know & I'll try to both condense _and_ expand it.

Hi Carrol: Got it. I can see that. Actually makes sense to me now. A simple chronology makes it clear.

There were such a slew of messages, that the bit I respodned to, was way before you were forced to make your position clearer.

By the bye, someone engaged you re voting NDP from Canada.

To that person: HI: Sorry, but I lost your name, it is my premature brain rot. But, while one might vote NDP (as I do - having some fine upstanding friends who are NDP candidates) - it is only as the rope supports the hanged man. I mean, young Jack Layton - even while he buttered me up on the side-walk as I was sweeping off the snow - sometimes troubles me. Ain't he just a tad too sleazy? Do you believe he'll do .... what?

Yet, comparing him to old Marty Pants, there is no choice is there? & rather than chuck my vote away (Oh we will not talk of how many working peoples lives were lost fighting for the damn thing - largely 'cos we don't know - eh?) But - it is a waste of a vote.

I Guess I just missed a sense of what to do with the bastards after we got them into power. I mean a sense of community is nice - but as I said, you get that at Tim Hortons.(Sod the taste of the coffee).

Remember the Bob Rae years - (Rae-ism: "Cut-Backs With The Sanctity & Immunity Of being the Workers' Choice"!) Cheers, Hari