[lbo-talk] Labor Party (USA)

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Mar 2 17:42:49 PST 2004

>Jenny Brown, who's involved with the LP in Florida, might have other
>things to say.

Ah, you beat me to it. What I was going to say first is roughly what you did: Carter and Clinton made the LP possible, the primary thing that has slowed the LP down is the election of GW Bush, and what's going to speed it up is the election of John Kerry. And, as we're being loaded—struggling—onto the charnel wagon, "We're Not Dead Yet!" We're (Alachua Co. LP) hiring staff on April 1 to work on Just Health Care. Bob, are you sure you found everything in the archives? I remember a least two go-arounds about the LP since I subscribed, one mostly with Yoshie, and then there was a lot before I subscribed. Of course, there might be a reason you're not finding much on the web, you wouldn't discuss the details of a union campaign on a publicly-archived list, not if you're serious. More to say but I'm on deadline.

cheers, Jenny Brown, co-chair Alachua County Labor Party P.O. Box 15058 Gainesville, FL 32604