[lbo-talk] Monopoly capital

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 21:50:21 PST 2004

--- BrownBingb at aol.com wrote: <<Yes, we have one or two periods after Lenin's that must be theorized, but that is done based in part on their historical continuity and change with the period of imperialism that Lenin gave a main ,cogent Marxist understanding of.>>

And what was this great understanding of imperialism that Lenin gave us? Everything he said in this regard was borrowed from Hilferding, Bukharin and even Hobson. I dont think Lenin himself would deny that. "Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism" is subtitled "A Popular Outline". So we must as regards Imperialism consider Lenin a "popularizer" and not a developer of a new theory of imperialism. Lenin was important, for better or worse, as a political revolutionary, but not as a theoretician of imperialism. Give credit where credit is due: to Hilferding and Bukharin. No?

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"