[lbo-talk] Was: Principled Discoursing More like off My Head

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 3 07:06:38 PST 2004

Hari Kumar wrote:

>I think it relates to an earlier strand here that discussed how
>members of the left behave pretty brutally to each other on this
>peer group e-list & others.

Too true, and I'm trying to do my bit to stop it. Younger radicals under anarcho-green influences are less guilty of it, but among those in the Old and New Left traditions, it's often quite brutal. Nastiness is too often confused with principle and rigor. It's self-destructive and alienates onlookers in droves.

Doug