[lbo-talk] Lenin & Oligopoly

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Wed Mar 3 09:52:23 PST 2004

> Michael Dawson -PSU wrote:
>
> > "Corporate capital" connects with popular consciousness
>
> But runs the risk of promoting populist ideas that non-corporate
> (i.e., small) capital is ok, when in many ways it's worse.
>
> Doug

I agree, but the same problem inheres in ANY attempt to attach an adjective to "capital." It simply requires an explanation, which Baran and Sweezy give, that small capital leads to corporate capital, and that capital itself is the problem. Nonetheless, it's still important to specify the main enemy, and to explain how and why that enemy plays by different rules.