[lbo-talk] Against the Grain

Sasha Lilley sashalilley at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 22:13:28 PST 2004

The Monday through Wednesday editions of Living Room on KPFA, which I produce and C.S. Soong hosts, has been renamed. We're now Against the Grain -- a name which better reflects the radical analysis and Left ideas that we bring to Pacifica's airwaves. We're also going national, so if you are interested in getting Against the Grain on a radio station near you, let us know.

http://www.againstthegrain.org

Recent program highlights include:

3.03.04 Anniversary 90 minute special, including the voices of Ellen Meiksins Wood, the Hybrid Project, Devon Pena, Gioconda Belli, and Slavoj Zizek on ideology and toilets.

3.02.04 Monologist Charlie Varon on antiwar activism, strange genetic experiments, and Sigmund Freud.

2.23.04 John Bellamy Foster on Marxism, the Enlightenment, and ecological thought past and present.

2.16.04 Michael Albert on participatory economics, or parecon, recorded at the World Social Forum.

2.09.04 Women against war and wars against women: speeches by Arundhati Roy, Nawal el-Sadaawi and others at the World Social Forum.

2.04.04 Resource economist Eugene Coyle on the perils of deregulation and why public power makes sense.

1.27.04 Walden Bello, Boris Kagarlitsky, Rania Masri and Ji Giles Ungpakorn on the links between neoliberalism and war, from the WSF.

1.21.04 Terisa Turner, Lincoln Van Sluytman, and Ralph Dumain on the ideas and legacy of C.L.R. James.

===== Sasha Lilley Producer, Against the Grain Pacifica Radio 510 848-6767 ext 209 www.againstthegrain.org