[lbo-talk] Sam Smith on the Nov 3rd movement

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Mar 4 07:11:36 PST 2004

On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 06:57 PM, Doug Henwood quoted:

> THE ELECTION IS OVER WE LOST Now on to November 3rd
>
> Sam Smith [Progressive Review <http://provev.com>]

I suppose this is entirely too much wishful thinking, but this kind of argument reminds me that FDR was roundly condemned by progressives in 1932 for being a stupid rich guy, really no different from Hoover. That is, sometimes candidates, once they are elected, turn out a little different from what they appeared as during the campaign.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile