[lbo-talk] another sucky employment report

Ken Odono ken_odono at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 08:12:06 PST 2004

why would Bush predict 2 million new jobs? don't make promises you can't keep unless they're scheduled to appear after the election. not exactly a sign of shrewd politics or am i missing something?

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote: I haven't torn apart the numbers yet, but this morning's U.S. employment report for February really sucked - just 21,000 new jobs, and large numbers dropping out of the labor force, bringing the participation rate back to 1991 levels. Meanwhile, the chief executive of the world bourgeoisie is enthusing about two possible new jobs at a stock car plant: