[lbo-talk] Scapegoat Stewart

ThatRogersWoman debburz at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 14:32:36 PST 2004

--- Todd Archer <todda39 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> While I agree with you, Doug, that this whole show is just going to
>
> exonerate the system by means of the "rotten apple" ploy, couldn't
> it also
> have gone the same way had Martha been let off?

Probably, but I would feel more inclined to embrace that point if I'd seen federal prosecutors go after Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling with the same public vengeance and enthusiasm I've seen dealt Martha. After all, Martha saved, what, a few thousand? Was it somewhere between 80 and 100 grand? Lay and Skilling affected more than a single pocket book; they set the standard for investment malfeasance and fraud and devastated pensions, savings and real lives.

- Deborah