[lbo-talk] Re: Robert Fisk

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 09:22:38 PST 2004

"Is Fisk losing it? I haven't followed his every word, but as I recall his stuff from ten years ago, it was rigorous and sensible. Now it's seeming histrionic, and as this series of quotes shows, self-contradictory. Is it just that I see more of him these days, thanks to the Internet? Or is there some sort of rot setting in? Doug"

I think he's always been like this; the same "shoot from the hip" strategy that produces vivid narratives also generates this self-contradictory stuff. He's definitely knee-jerk anti-American, too. Some right wing bloggers spend all their time fact checking him going back years, and it's really embarrasing. I'll take Patrick Cockburn any day. Have you ever considered having PC on your show, or have you?