[lbo-talk] Re: enemies list of fellow travelers?

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Tue Mar 9 11:34:22 PST 2004

On Tuesday, March 9, 2004, at 01:04 PM, frank scott wrote:

> "...and you know that al franken was over entertaining US troops in
> iraq,
> this past year, right?"
>
> he's become a liberal bore, but does entertaining troops make him, or
> anyone who does that, an enemy? is this the dim, narrow view that
> troops
> are responsible for war? gimme a break...

i'm on your side. except for the part where i think he's still funny. i admit it was unclear, but i was trying to say that someone like franken, who is obviously at least liberal and not a rightwinger or even conservative, has also recently entertained troops in iraq, so i'm not sure exactly what conclusions we're to draw about someone's religion or politics from entertaining troops abroad.

sorry. and the above prob doesn't help much. sigh.

i'm done.