[lbo-talk] KPFK Event

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Mar 10 10:17:39 PST 2004

On Tuesday, March 9, 2004, at 06:35 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> This is from a NYT story yesterday on Al Sharpton's future:

[snip]

>> "What the left has missed that the right understands is you need a
>> mixture of policy and personality, because people tend to view and
>> listen to people as well as to policy, and we have not developed the
>> personalities,'' Mr. Sharpton said.

I would say that they pay a lot *more* attention to the people than to the policies. Wonks get all excited about policies, but they are only about 2% of the public, I would guess.

>> He added, "I don't think anyone denies that I have built a national
>> personality.''

I'm not all that charmed by this personality, but maybe I'm an exception.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Belinda: Ay, but you know we must return good for evil. Lady Brute: That may be a mistake in the translation.

-- Sir John Vanbrugh: The Provok’d Wife (1697), I.i.