[lbo-talk] Nader among Arab, Black, & Latino Voters

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 11 01:30:22 PST 2004

>[lbo-talk] Red, Purple and Blue
>Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu, Wed Mar 10 11:25:35 PST 2004
<snip>
>I predict he'll try these things, then withdraw and endorse Kerry
>(barring a total snub from Kerry) in early October. If he cracks
>the debate and gets Kerry to commit to some liberal crumbs, this
>will be a huge public service.

Nader shouldn't withdraw from the battleground states unless and until the Democrats begin to make concrete changes in the electoral system that will improve third-parties' chances. Under no circumstances should he withdraw from the uncontested states.

>Even if I'm wrong, I know very few Nader supporters who will
>actually vote for him. I totally support his presence in this
>election, but I am going to vote for Kerry.

Many Arab-Americans, whose votes are concentrated in the key swing states of Michigan, Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, will actually vote for Ralph Nader -- probably in a higher proportion than they did (13.5%, <http://www.aaiusa.org/PDF/AAvoters.pdf>) in 2004:

***** MI, FL, OH, PA Arab American Tracking Poll Reveals: Nader Cutting Kerry Support, Bush Job Performance Hits All-Time Low 3/10/2004 11:41:00 AM