[lbo-talk] On behalf of the country?

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Mar 12 08:58:20 PST 2004

Shrub spoke to the National Association of Evangelicals yesterday; according to the N.Y. Times story, he said, "You are doing God's work with conviction and kindness and on behalf of our country I thank you."

How does he get off thanking that bunch "on behalf of the country"? There sure are a lot of us in this country who don't want to thank them!

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax