[lbo-talk] the gains from variety

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Fri Mar 12 22:09:23 PST 2004

If I'm so messing up your meaning, what is it? What have I gotten wrong? I wrote that freedom of choice was fundamental to human welfare, and you wrote back saying that might be ethnocentric and that freedom of choice might be over-rated. People, you argued, were quite happy living in traditional societies that didn't prize freedom of choice and individuality like we do. What's missing in my comprehension of what you've said?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Miles Jackson" <cqmv at pdx.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 7:08 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] the gains from variety

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Michael Dawson -PSU wrote:
>
> > No, you seem to have a hard time understand where you're coming from.
The