[lbo-talk] Back to the future

Fu Fu at kedByBush.us
Sat Mar 13 06:05:47 PST 2004

Tight Web monitoring proposed

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/nation/8176012.htm?1c

In 2004 the Bush Administration wants to give us 1984. In just three long dreadful years our government has increasingly found new ways to take away the liberties Americans have increasingly taken for granted. We had grown accustomed to voicing our descent, going where we wanted to go, doing what we wanted to do, speaking of what we wanted to say. Those days are fading rapidly into the shadow of 9/11.

This Fu objects to the way this administration has chosen to wage our War On Terror. Certainly this administration has done many things right, like going after al Qaeda and their hosts, and encouraging other nations to employ multiple means for identifying, tracking and pinpointing evil doers. But this administration has embarked on the bassackwards notion that everyone is guilty until proven innocent. While security is essential, unrestricted invasion of privacy crosses the line of acceptable procedure.

Had the Bush administration stayed on task against al Qaeda, instead of misdirecting valuable time, money, intelligence and manpower to a war of choice in Iraq, possibly the bombings we just experienced in Spain could have been avoided. Now, al Qaeda attacks are Bush administration failures.

Fu's Fume http://kedByBush.us Don't Fu with democracy