[lbo-talk] Re: Self (was variety)

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sun Mar 14 21:33:11 PST 2004

> It has been a long time since I've encountered such a naive
> individualism as Michael expresses

What have I said anywhere that makes me an individualist? To insist on the existence and importance of freedom of choice means that I'm an extreme individualist? Why?

I would say the opposite: You leftists who throw buckets of water on anybody who starts talking about free choice are closet authoritarians.

I teach and believe in sociology, so your charge is as preposterous as it is philosophically stupid.

As for the balance of your rambling: I'm quite glad I never tried to learn Milton from you...