[lbo-talk] Re: Camp XRay

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Mar 14 23:19:30 PST 2004

"This story is not, however, credible. I would believe reports of physical abuse (beating, electroshock, hanging from handcuffs, and so forth), sleep deprivation, bright lights all the time, etc. We know the US does these things. But this particular complaint is unlike any "torture" I ever heard of, far too imaginative for Americans, and inconsistent with American puritanism. It sounds like a mysogynistic fantasy."

Hmmmm. American puritanism on an army base? I don't think so. And yet, I know what you mean. Kind of like the nuns in Huxley's "Devils of Loudon"?

As for muslims hating and fearing women. I would not say it's restricted to muslims.

Joanna