[lbo-talk] Booing Manning Marable

Art McGee amcgee at angryblackman.org
Mon Mar 15 16:52:09 PST 2004

Greetings,

I just want to say that it was great meeting Doug Henwood and Nathan Newman in NY at the SSC. I don't always agree with them, but I appreciate all the hard and principled work that they do.

As for Mitchel Cohen and the Greens, it's obvious that they are as clueless as ever. They, like a lot of other idiots on the Left, don't understand two fundamental things about our electoral system: (1) voting in a bourgeois democracy can only be part of a tactical strategy, and is not in any way an end in and of itself; (2) in order to make voting for third parties something more than a form of masturbation you have to get off your tired, fat asses and FIGHT for the adoption of some form of PROPORTIONAL REPRESENTATION in our Federal Elections system. When you stop whining and start doing that, maybe someone might listen to your stupid ass.

And let me just say that in case YOU PEOPLE didn't notice, Manning Marable and many of the people involved in the Black Radical Congress were essentially the only fucking Black people in the fucking country who were supporting Nader back in 2000. While many, many, many people on the Left were saying TINA, especially progressive Blacks, many Black radicals were supporting Nader as a way to send a message to the Capitalists and White Supremacists in the Democratic Party.

It was basically us and Aaron McGruder, and that was it.

Now Manning has made the strategic decision to support the DP candidate, because the reign of racist terror that has come down on both domestic people of color and immigrants has gotten too far fucking out of control. Fuck you if you don't like that. Unlike the pretend Marxists, Manning clearly understands Base and Superstructure, and knows that infantile principle is not really principle at all.

By the way:

1. I am a registered member of the Green Party.

2. I am an African-American (descendent of slaves, not a voluntary immigrant)

3. In 2000, I voted for Ralph Nader.

4. In November, I and most Black people will vote for Kerry (or whoever is on the Democratic Party ticket).

5. After the election, I will continue my activities to organize and build movements towards a classless society, which is how change will truly come about.

5. Fuck Mitchel Cohen.

6. Fuck the NY Green Party.

Art