[lbo-talk] Booing Manning Marable/the long ascent

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Mar 15 19:49:31 PST 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> Throw all the bums out in '04.
>

> I don't get this really. Do you think the U.S. state will just dry up
> and disappear? There's probably no force on earth stronger than the U.S.
> government. Can "we" just vote it out of office, and therefore out of
> existence? If so, then who gets the B-52s? I'm really mystified.

No, you can't just vote it out of office, which is why I wake up every morning as an anarchist and have plenty of work to do. Not only can you not vote out the bums, but you can't vote radical social change into effect using the ballot box. Voting for Kerry in November is not going to give free health care to the millions that currently don't have health care coverage.

No force on earth stringer than the U.S. government? Come on, Doug, we can all see that the U.S. government is bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan. You want to know who is more powerful than the U.S. government? Try that tall bearded guy running around the countryside of Afghanistan.

The U.S. government's so-called "superpower" is overrated.

Chuck0